Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of The Year

You probably thought I was talking about the "Christmas" time of the year, but in order to stay true to my procrastinator personality, I am talking about HALLOWEEN! If you know me, you know I love Christmas, but there is just something about Halloween that gets me soooo excited!
I love all the decorations, the costumes, the food...all of it!
We had a great Halloween this year. It was on a Sunday, which made it seem like Halloween for 3 days! First we had celebrations at school on Friday. I was a dud and just wore a Halloween hat instead of a costume. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get two kids and myself ready for school that morning! That night we had our neighborhood Trunk-or-Treat. The weather was amazing and it was right across the street from our house. The kids had a good time running around to all of the cars with their friends.
Saturday afternoon the kids went to their cousins house for a Halloween party. They played some games and ate some yummy food. Then on Saturday night, the weather turned bad. Mother Nature decided she wanted to unleash all of her angry tears at 5:00 (which is the perfect Trick-or-Treating time). But, we were still hard core and took the kids out with the giant beach umbrella and went door-to-door. They made it about halfway around the block before their hands were frozen and had to call for a chauffeur. So, even though I swore I never would, I drove my kids around door-to-door to go Trick-or Treating.Bugs was Venom from Spider-Man. He has always hated dressing up and usually bawls every year. But when I pulled this costume out of the box, his whole attitude about Halloween changed instantly.Buddy was a ninja and had some pretty cool moves!
Sister was a "Pretty Vampire". She picked out this whole costume herself. I had no idea what a Pretty Vampire was supposed to look like, so I took her to Wal-Mart and she went to town! I think it turned out super cute.
This is part of the reason why I love Halloween, you get to act like a vampire or a ninja and nobody thinks your weird!
After Trick-or-Treating, we went up to Grandma's house for our traditional soup and scones night. It was as delicious as always. The miracle was that the rain stopped and the kids went out back and played for a couple hours. You don't usually get to do that on Halloween.
By the end of the night, all the playing was over and I think they had a pretty good time by the looks of it.
Then the most beautiful part about the whole weekend is that we had Sunday to recover from all the Halloween craziness. Although Sunday was the real true Halloween, all the parties were done and we got to just chill with the fam.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome Halloween! Everyone looks great. I miss being with you for Halloween. We did Halloween together like every year before I moved.

    ReplyDelete