Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mini-Caramel Apples

Caramel apples are so yummy! But, who wants that much apple? Not I! So, instead of dipping the whole apple, we use a melon baller to make mini-apples. Perfect, bite-sized, ready-to-be-dipped mini-apples (Thanks for the fun idea Ash!). Mom and Dad were in town and I invited my Big Sis and 5 kids over and we had a Mini-Caramel Apple Party. We melted the caramel, balled the apples, poured the different toppings out on plates and went to town!Buddy getting ready to dip his mini-apple.

Bugs: "Where's my apples, Where's my apples?!"
Actually I think this was at the "I want more, I want more!" stage.

Big Sis trying out her crunchy creation. The caramel was really hot! The kids were pretty good about waiting until it was cooled off, but I think all the adults and big kids burned ourselves at least once because we couldn't wait to get that minuscule morsel into our mouths!

1 comment: