When I was in Vegas in August, I was sitting in the back yard with my dad and he said it might be nice to have everyone come to Vegas for Christmas. Well, if you know my dad, he doesn't ask for things very often, so when he does I try my hardest to make them happen. So the whole family, except for Big Brother in Georgia packed up Santa's Workshop and headed to Vegas for Christmas. We all got there at different times and stayed in various places, but spent as much time as we could together at Mom and Dad's and had a very unique (with no snow) and fantastic Christmas.
Christmas was on Saturday this year, and luckily I had the whole week prior off of work! So I got to get a lot done and felt ready for the holiday this year. We left for Vegas on Thursday. It took a lot of planning to get Santa's Workshop down there but luckily we were bringing a piano up from St. George, so we had to take a trailer down with us. My Big Sis hauled it down with their vehicle so we didn't have to drive our truck. We did however have to strap the tree to the top of our car because we forgot to put it in the trailer. I felt like that guy (is it Griswald?) on National Lapoon! We should have filmed it, who knows we could be on YouTube. All went well with the tree until Mesquite when Hubby adjusted the strap and then for some reason it wanted to make this really loud vibrating noise and the only way to solve it was to have Hubby hold onto the end of the strap. He finally got it tucked underneath him and secure and after 5 stops along the freeway and passing the same Semi 5 times, we were back on the road.
We made it into Vegas and went to Mom and Dad's for a few hours. My Big Bro got there about an hour before we did and My Big Sis arrived the night before. We had dinner, let the cousins play and swim, did we play Nerts that night? I can't remember, and after My Lil' Bro arrived we left to check in to the hotel. Once we got checked in, we (in our super secret CIA spy agent way) snuck the tree into the hotel and got it set up.
Here is the tree Christmas morning. Isn't it just so beautiful and cute? We just chopped off the top part of the tree so it would fit on top of the car. Hubby said it was the easiest tree lights he has ever had to do! And I flubbed and forgot the ornaments but still, I think it is a fantastic tree!
Our friends also came down to Vegas for the holidays, so on Christmas Eve morning, the husbands went shooting and the wives got to hang out at her parent's house. The kids were excited to see each other in Vegas, even though they see each other every week at home. And it worked out really well, because their house was literally right around the corner from our hotel. I waited there for the husbands to get back, and then we left and Hubby dropped me off at Hallmark to meet my mom, sister and sister-in-law for some last minute shopping. We had fun shopping and I went into my first Hobby Lobby store. Can I just quote Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman "Big mistake, Huge!" I'm going to need a new envelope for my wallet.
Side note: When I got home I learned that they're building one right across the street from my favorite Ross store! What am I going to do?
The rest of the day we just hung out and had dinner, let the cousins play and swim, this night I am positive we played Nerts (poor Bouge did not inherit his mother's Nerts game, but that could be because he was CHEATING the whole time) and at the end of the evening the kids opened their Christmas jammies.
Bugs was pretty upset it was not a toy, but after he put on his Batman jammies he calmed down.
After we were all worn out, we went back to the hotel and settled in for a long winter's nap. The boys settled in pretty quickly, but Big Sis was determined to catch Santa in the act. So, Santa had to wait a looooooong time before he could come and he had to be super sneaky (maybe he has some CIA tricks of his own) to get the presents in without the kids waking up. Especially since the tree was only 3 feet away from their bed! But he did it and we woke up to a beautiful Christmas morning.
The classic hallway line up picture, except this year it was a foot of the bed line up picture.
Here are the kids looking through their stockings
I didn't get pictures of the kids with all their stuff this year, but I will try to remember everything.
Big Sis:
high-heeled boots, rollerblades, a big black horse, fake nails, make-up, Lady Bug Pillow Pet, ZhuZhu pet and earrings.
Buddy:
RC car, lots of Star Wars Legos, Frog Pillow Pet, and 2 KungZhu pets
Bugs:
A Thomas train set with Thomas, Percy and lots of "trailers", trucks, trailers, a Panda Pillow Pet, a Kung Zhu pet and an RC Truck.
Dad got Jumper cables and an XBox game and I got a Gift Card to Ross!
It was a fun morning, definitely different in a hotel room, but fun memories. Mom and Dad came to visit that morning and then we just played and hung out the rest of the day. The kids definitely got their pool time in and Mom made a super "delish" Turkey dinner that tasted even better because I didn't cook it. That afternoon My Oldest Brother arrived with his family and we were all there in Vegas safely.
That night back at the hotel the kids raced their RC cars and Big Sis rode her rollerblades up and down the halls.
I think this is a Christmas they will never forget!
We made it into Vegas and went to Mom and Dad's for a few hours. My Big Bro got there about an hour before we did and My Big Sis arrived the night before. We had dinner, let the cousins play and swim, did we play Nerts that night? I can't remember, and after My Lil' Bro arrived we left to check in to the hotel. Once we got checked in, we (in our super secret CIA spy agent way) snuck the tree into the hotel and got it set up.
Our friends also came down to Vegas for the holidays, so on Christmas Eve morning, the husbands went shooting and the wives got to hang out at her parent's house. The kids were excited to see each other in Vegas, even though they see each other every week at home. And it worked out really well, because their house was literally right around the corner from our hotel. I waited there for the husbands to get back, and then we left and Hubby dropped me off at Hallmark to meet my mom, sister and sister-in-law for some last minute shopping. We had fun shopping and I went into my first Hobby Lobby store. Can I just quote Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman "Big mistake, Huge!" I'm going to need a new envelope for my wallet.
Side note: When I got home I learned that they're building one right across the street from my favorite Ross store! What am I going to do?
The rest of the day we just hung out and had dinner, let the cousins play and swim, this night I am positive we played Nerts (poor Bouge did not inherit his mother's Nerts game, but that could be because he was CHEATING the whole time) and at the end of the evening the kids opened their Christmas jammies.
Big Sis:
Buddy:
Bugs:
Dad got Jumper cables and an XBox game and I got a Gift Card to Ross!
It was a fun morning, definitely different in a hotel room, but fun memories. Mom and Dad came to visit that morning and then we just played and hung out the rest of the day. The kids definitely got their pool time in and Mom made a super "delish" Turkey dinner that tasted even better because I didn't cook it. That afternoon My Oldest Brother arrived with his family and we were all there in Vegas safely.
That night back at the hotel the kids raced their RC cars and Big Sis rode her rollerblades up and down the halls.
I think this is a Christmas they will never forget!
That sounds like fun and good job loading it all up to head down to Vegas.
ReplyDelete