Sunday, June 27, 2010

Strawberry Days!

It is Strawberry Days again, and if you didn't know...

I LoVe Strawberry Days!

We have a lot of fun memories from Strawberry Days, in fact Strawberry Days 14 years ago is when Hubby and I first "hung out" together. He was basically our chauffeur because none of our friends could drive yet. But, I was head over heels and fought with all my friends to sit by him in the front seat. After we went and found BFF Kara at the carnival (she was dating Hubby's younger brother at the time), we went to get "Sno-Shacks" and laid on the grass while we drank them. Kara and I remember joking about "dating brothers since we couldn't find any twins". -We were always going to marry twin brothers and live right next door to each other- It is such a great memory and fun to think about every year at this time.

Strawberry Days this year was another great one. We didn't do the Children's Parade because the weather was awful on Wednesday, and we ended up going to the rodeo Friday night instead of Wednesday for the same reason. The kids enjoyed the rodeo and loved watching the clown shake his booty in his pink-striped tights. Then Saturday morning we went to the Grand Parade! Does anyone else remember when they used to do 2 parades on Saturday, then about 15 years ago they changed it to one parade and called it The Grand Parade? The parade was hot but fun. Our two favs? All of the past Miss Pleasant Groves and the Horse Vaulting Club. Who knew you could do that stuff while riding a horse? Amazing.
The kids hanging out in the shade waiting for the parade to start.The boys right behind us in those chairs kept throwing their candy at Bugs the whole time. They thought it was so cute to see him chase after it and get so excited.

1 comment:

  1. I miss Strawberry Days. I totally remember when you guys met too. We shoved a lot of people into that car. I almost cried reading about those fun times. I miss you. I am going to get a hold of you soon. I am loving all of your new posts. I need to post more often. Our internet is kind of crappy though so uploading pictures can be a pain that's why I go so long between posts. I'm glad you had such a fun time with your bro. I wish we could go camping with you guys.
    luvs and miss you

    ReplyDelete