Saturday, March 13, 2010

Big Sis-isms

Big Sis really is growing up so much. She says and does the cutest things sometimes. Here are two of them:

1. The other day I had to go buy a black skirt at Ross. So I grab a few off the rack and go into the fitting room. Buddy went in with me and Sister just stayed outside (at least I thought she did). After my third skirt, I hear her come into the fitting rooms, "Hi mom, I'm just going to try these dresses on!" I peek out the door of my fiiting room, wondering what on earth she is talking about "What dresses?" "These ones", she replies as she holds up two dresses and her #2 tag she got from the fitting room check-in lady. I just said "OK", but in my head I thought "And so it begins..." She had gone and picked out dresses off the rack (in her size, I might add), checked in with the lady, got a tag and came in and tried on her dresses. It was so stinkin' cute I couldn't resist buying her a dress for her efforts.

2. This one happened after Christmas and we still laugh about it to this day! The whole month before Christmas Sis was worried about Santa. She came to me one day, practically in tears and said "Mom, I just need to know if Santa is real or not." Of course, I explained to her that Santa is real and asked her why she thought he wasn't. We talked for a while and by the end of the conversation, Santa was real and daughter was happy.
Then Christmas day came and went. A couple days after she comes home from somewhere, storms in, slams the door and says "Mom, I told you Santa wasn't real!" I said, "Why do you think he's not real?" She replied, "Because, you know the scarf he gave me? It has a tag on it that says "MADE IN CHINA!"
-Dang those teachers that taught her to read!

1 comment: