Wednesday was our 10-year anniversary! Wow, I feel old. Every year on our anniversary I love to remember all the fun memories of our wedding and first few months as a married couple. Here are some of my favs:
- About a week before our wedding, my in-laws found out that I wanted to have a Luau for my reception instead of the traditional stand-in-a-line-eat-little-sandwiches-drop-off-pretty-white-gift-take-another-plate-of-food-before-you-sneak-out-the-door reception. So they threw a "Luau" for my wedding dinner the night before. It was a total surprise with palm trees and Hawaiian shirts, Thanks!
- My bridesmaids and I wore slippers the whole day, theirs black, mine white. Totally comfy!
- My dad knew that another dream of mine was to have pizza and Dr. Pepper for my reception food. But my sweet new husband wanted little sandwiches and mints, so in between the wedding and reception my dad had somebody (I think one of my brothers) go pick up a whole ton of pizzas and some Dr. Pepper, and it was tasty!
- We had amazing food and cake (thanks Lori) at our reception. The cake was devoured, and there was so much food that we packed a big giant pink cake box full of sandwiches, fruit, veggies and eclairs and munched on them all the way to California!
- In our first apartment we had no furniture, but that was the first year that those fold-out camping chairs came out and we got a lot of those as gifts, so we had fold-out camping chair living room furniture. They're not the best thing to take a nap on, but they worked!
- A few months after we were married, Hubby had to go to Germany for a month with the Guard. The night before, we decided to stay up all night so we wouldn't miss one minute of our time together. We sat on our bed all night packing and talking, until we were woken up by the doorbell. It was a police officer, who confirmed hubby's name and simply asked, "Are you supposed to be at drill?" We had fallen asleep without setting the alarm and his unit was waiting for him so they could leave. We drove straight to the airport and he made his flight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey..you have a bike like mine! too bad it's like another 5 miles from my house to yours now!!!
ReplyDeletei remember your wedding so well...i can't believe it's been ten years all ready.
ah 10 years wow. here is what I remember, the slippers, us girls laying on the floor and everyone thinking we were crazy! and how beautiful you looked. Happy 10 years, love you guys!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! What a cute bike. I'm loving all the fun updates and pictures. It's crazy that it's been 10. It's also crazy that we're coming up on ours too. I love you and hope you enjoy your fun bike soon.
ReplyDeleteluvs