Friday, March 5, 2010

Kitchen and Table

Shopping for furniture is not nearly as fun as it seems!
When we moved in, we knew we wanted a nice big kitchen table that we could sit as a family and still have room for more! In our 10 years as a family, we have never had to buy a kitchen table. We were given one as a wedding gift, then we were given a hand-me-down from hubby's brother 2 years ago. So we started searching and found a really beautiful, custom kitchen table that we both loved, but it was too expensive. So we kept searching, but you know how once you've had a taste of something you love at a restaurant nothing else tastes nearly as good? That's how this kitchen table was. We couldn't find anything that we liked nearly as much. Then I remembered my "Dave Ramsey" training and took cash in to the place and offered him a price $400 less than what was listed.
The table was delivered the next day! Here is a shot of our kitchen, for my friends who are dear but not near,
that couldn't make it to the party!



2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, very pretty. I love your kitchen. I bet you enjoy cooking in there. I sure would. I can't wait to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the table!! When it comes time to refurnish our home... I will be calling you!! :) Love you.

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete