The first day of school is always so exciting. Everyone is so nervous and full of wonder: What will my teacher be like? Will I make new friends? Will I get a ton of homework? I remember waking up early on the first day and all my brothers and sister would get ready and go have breakfast. It was always crazy, but totally fun. My mom was so great and always drove us to school on the first day (until we got our licenses). You would always start the year with the best intentions, you know, I'm going to do my homework first thing when I get home, or I'm going to get straight A's (most of those are gone after the first week, but still it's a great way to start the year).
Once you get to school, it always smelled so good - like freshly sharpened pencils and new clothes. Can you smell it? I can. Actually, luckily for me I do get to smell it, every year! And lucky for Sis and Buddy they got to smell it too.
So excited for Kindergarten!
I didn't know pop stars went to elementary school! Oh wait, that's my adorable-Hannah-Montana-lovin' daughter starting 3rd grade.
No comments:
Post a Comment